We will (hopefully) be able to continue observing and tweaking our aquaponics systems. Only one of the systems so far is showing signs of nitrate production. Once they are more stabilized, we will begin research on our next unit, creating a working model of a heart. I hope to begin research this week to begin with the initial design.
We will complete our unit on the Scientific Method and Graphing. There will be a test on this next Wednesday, September 14. All students will receive a study guide for this by Friday of this week.
There will be a Chapter 1 Test this Wednesday, September 7. We reviewed on Friday and will complete our review tomorrow. The links below will take you to a powerpoint review and a companion study guide. The students will receive these in class tomorrow as well.
The outline for the 1980’s project is due Monday. Please refer to the rubric as follow:
Flashdance…..Uh, I Mean, Flashback!!
The 1980’s are calling!
- __________ Discuss the 1980’s with your family members. Come up with a topic to write about. Reference the example I presented in class, regarding the difference in which we listen to, and purchase music today, versus, how it was accessed and changed from 1980 on. Recall, that we discussed the end of the 8-track, cassettes, and record albums, CD’s, to musical downloads. Your parent’s signature indicates that the discussion occurred, and is worth 15 points .
- X ____________________________________
- __________ The Outline! I will demonstrate outline writing in class. You must provide a one page, hand written outline of your topic. The outline should have a minimum of three “ capital letters” with a minimum of two “ numbers” under each. Your outline is due on Monday, April 18, 2016, and is worth 25 points.
- __________ The Paper! Write a two page paper about your topic. Spelling, correct grammar usage, and punctuation count! Your paper should be typed, in size 12, Times New Roman font, with one inch margins. Proofread! Utilize spell check! You must print your paper at home! Your paper is due on Thursday, April 21, 2016. Your paper is worth 45 points.
- ___________ The Presentation! You will read your paper in front of the class. Practice! Be able to stand up, and explain what you’ve written, without having to read from your paper verbatim. Presentations will begin on Monday, April 28, 2016. We may not have enough class time for everyone to present on Monday, but every student must be READY to do so! Your presentation is worth 15 points.
Homework Due Thursday, 12/3: page 156 # 7,8,9,11,12,13,15,16
All groups have a book report to write in class tomorrow! The students have known about this for quite some time now and have had opportunities to read in class this week. The genre for this book report is biography/autobiography. They must bring the book (or electronic device) to class tomorrow, or they will lose 10 points! I have explained many times that using their phone as a way to read their book is not appropriate and they will not be allowed to have their phone in class. They will have two days to write their book reports. If you have any questions, please e-mail me at Amarieshipman@aol.com