All students received this review on Tuesday. The midterm will be all essay questions, covering all our projects during the semester. Students will be able to use their notebooks during the exam, but no print outs from the computer.
Topics will include:
- Discuss the self-sustaining ecosystem project including problems you encountered and solutions.
- Redesign your ecosystem to address problems.
- Discuss the science behind aquaponics, what measurements were taken, etc.
- Discuss problems with the aquaponics system.
- Challenges making the heart model.
- Trace blood flow through the heart on a diagram.
- How a wind turbine works.
- What was the best blade design-why?
- How does a solar panel work? Which type of light produces most energy.
- Explain how a fuel cell works, including fuel production. What problems did you have with the cars?
- Research a new topic: Design a van der Graaf Generator. Outline briefly what the generator does and a sketch of your design, including any materials.