Page 228 #2-20 even only
Page 198 #106, part A and B
Page 259 #1-20
The students in these groups were asked to bring in an electronic device to read a play from (they are not allowed to use their phone!!). I understand that some students will not be able to bring in an electronic, and that is completely fine. I want to make sure that we have enough students bringing in a device though. If you are allowing your child to bring in an iPad or laptop, would please e-mail me if there are days that they will not be allowed to bring it in so that way I can make sure we are prepared that day with enough devices to read the play from? Please e-mail me if you have any questions at Amarieshipman@aol.com
***Annabel’s were given an assignment that must be completed by Thursday April 1st***
Students in these groups need to have a journal entry completed by tomorrow (#16). They were supposed to write 2 paragraphs explaining the easy and difficult parts of the standardized test. I have seen many of their journals, and every student was asked to re-write the journal entry making the necessary corrections in order to receive full credit. Please make sure they work on this and have it completed by tomorrow!
I explained to the students that it is important to be able to write a solid paragraph on their own before this school year is over. They all have been assigned the task of writing one paragraph, completely on their own, about whatever they want. They need to make sure they indent, use proper punctuation, and write complete sentences. This is also due tomorrow.
If you have any questions, please e-mail me at Amarieshipman@aol.com
IN CLASS WORK DAY FOR SCIENCE FAIR WILL BE TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY.
All students should have the following underway or completed by the end of this week:
1. Experiment set up and data collection. Depending on your experiment, you may already have completed this step (Yeah!) OR your experiment may take a couple of weeks to completion. Regardless, ALL students should have this either completed or underway.
2. I have been documenting experiments that are being done with photos. I will print out and give these to the students to use on their presentations.
3. A detailed, step-by-step procedure that explains how you are doing your experiment. THIS HAS TO BE IN YOUR OWN WORDS, NOT A PRINTOUT FROM A WEBSITE. It may be typewritten or handwritten. This will be part of your presentation poster or board.
4. Please bring in your poster or tri-fold board by the end of this week-Thursday, April 2. Make sure your name is on this and you may store it in the science room. Bring any markers, glue or artistic materials with you.
5. We will have 1-2 workdays per week during your regularly scheduled class period to work on these until the science fair, April 21.
6. If your are doing a design/build challenge, please be specific about what design feature you are changing. Sketches should be included in your presentation, along with the actual piece.
7. If you have any questions, please ask me!
8. Homework this week is to focus on science fair. All procedures should be detailed enough that anyone could read the procedure and duplicate the experiment.