COOKIE GROUP: (SAT/ACT MATH): Due Thursday, Page 471, 1-12.
PRE-ALGEBRA STUDENTS, ( Cagney and Geuliette Groups):
Due Wednesday, Page 308, 14-22. Show your work, please.
ROMEO GROUP: ( Algebra 1 ): Due Wednesday, Page 285, 9-20, ALL problems, but just do the “a” directions….solve equations for the “y” variable, and write answers in the form y=mx+b.
ANNABEL GROUP: Reminder…..QUIZ tomorrow over adding and subtracting fractions and mixed numbers. Study tonight!
Hello! This is your child’s spelling and vocabulary list! Students will be tested on Friday for both spelling and vocabulary. They will be working on the vocabulary in class but I have attached the list so they can practice at home if they need to! The should bring their definitions home to study for the test as well. For the spelling homework, students will write each word 5 times. They also need to use each word in a sentence. The sentence may NOT start with the letters “a”, “I”, or “t”. The homework is due first thing Friday morning! For the test, students will need to know how to correctly spell each word and use it correctly in a sentence. They will also need to match each vocabulary word with the definition.
The biome project will be due on Monday, May 14th. Please be sure to read the instructions very carefully as they are extremely specific. Students will be presenting their project in science for the week of 5/14-5/18. The grading rubric will also be attached. I wrote your child’s biome on the top of this page. I will also put it in your child’s google doc! If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me!!! Have a great week.
SPELLING HOMEWORK 4/20-4/27
- skin diving
VOCABULARY WORDS WEEK OF 4/20-4/27
- Absurd– ridiculous
- Abuse- cruel or inhumane treatment
- Access- a way of entering or leaving
- Accomplish- to do something by making an effort; to complete successfully
- Achievement– something done that takes skill or effort
- aggressive-ready to attack or start fights; acting in a hostile way
- Alternate- go back and forth
- Altitude– height above sea level
- Antagonist– An opponent; one who opposes or competes
- Antonym– a word that means the opposite of another word
- Anxious– worried; concerned
- Apparent– obvious
- Approximate– be close or similar
- Astound– to surprise; to amaze
- Bland– mild; tasteless; dull
We will continue our study of stoichiometry Monday and Tuesday. There will be a stoichiometry quiz this Thursday, 4/26. Please bring a calculator. Quiz is open note.
We will begin Gas Laws, Chapter 10 this week.